The red-roofed foreign missionary house with striking peaks was sent to the Hirosaki Women’s School in 1906 and built as a dormitory for foreign missionaries. In 1978, it was designated as an Important Cultural Property. It is currently open to the general public as a museum.
The Hirosaki Gakuin University Chapel was built in 2000. Built in a Middle Ages, classic Romanesque chapel style, it includes antique stained glass relocated from historic European and American churches. It also houses a pipe organ made in 1880 in England by Bryceson Bros. & Ellis.